A copy free feature of the Norfolk Broads in May 2011
Page 1 of 6
Having sailed the briny for years, taken in the length & all 42 locks of the Thames, & cruised the canals on narrow boats thought it timely to try the Broads
1. Welcome aboard package & charts
2. Setting off from Stalham Boatyard, girls testing Lifebuoys
3. Hunsett Mill Stalham, Norfolk
4. First night mooring by Wayford Bridge
5. Supper at the Wayford Bridge Inn coming up
6. Norfolk Trust trading Wherry 'Albion'
7. Poling the 'Albion' into Sutton Broad'
8. Starting at Stalham, Sutton Broad to Wayford Bridge
9. Men wished for sails, women happy cruising G&T anyone!
10. Every good home has at least one boat
11. Definite desire for sail
12. Navigation suspect are we on the Mississippi, no it's the Horning River Paddle Boat 'Southern Belle'
13. Screen down - Pilot recommended
14. There's not much room under or either side of this one
15. Cockpit roof down & back
16. Still tight the notorious Wroxham Bridge
Right & Wrong
17. Wroxham to Cottishall
18. Overnight mooring beyond Wroxham Bridge
19. Wroxham mooring
20. Motley crew
21. The 'bung hole' that is Wroxham bridge in background
22. The Bure Valley Narrow Gauge Railway & Path run 9 miles from Wroxham to Aysham
Download Bure Valley Map pdf
23. Approaching Coltishall on the River Bure
24. Lines at the ready
25. Not so common Coltishall
Next Page 2