Personal Page Item                            personal page index

Scotland

Two Bridges at South Queensferry & Edinburgh

Page 2 of 3

A copy free feature

Quick Link : 1 : 3

Road bridge & shore road south queensferry

Crossing the Forth Rail Bridge, looking towards properties in Shore Road

Waterside south queensferry high street

Foreshore side of South Queensferry High Street from the Rail Bridge

Road bridge with port edgar beyond

With Port Edgar beyond

Road bridge traffic

Traffic on the Road Bridge

North queensferry

North Queensferry

North queensferry station

Disembark for Deep Sea World & Inverkeithing Museum

Dalgety bay

Built in 1962 on the North banks of the Forth of Firth Fife, Dalgety takes it's name from an earlier 12th century village of which little remains

Inchcolm island

Return journey Inchcolm Island

Fire Tug in action

Fire Tug runs a hydrant test

Hound point oil terminal

Hound Point Oil Terminal, see these vessels named after local places Cramond, Dalmeny, & Houpetoun

Dalmeny station

Disembark at Delmany

Dalmeny station 2

Cross the foot bridge back to the village

Misty road bridge

Ready for the road bridge?

It really was that misty as we walked over

Road bridge commemoration stone

The longest suspension bridge outside of the USA at 25.Km 1.5 miles it carries upwards of 11 million vehicles annually

Bridge mist and traffic

The noise from traffic as you walk across is incredible, the movement & vibrations from the bridge as huge trucks thunder by is quite perturbing

Will the mist lift?

More bridge traffic

Not that day, but this view from the rail bridge gives an indication of normal traffic levels

Road bridge from south queensferry

A better day from the waters edge at Shore Road, South Queensferry

Road bridge shore road

Let's walk to Port Edgar under the Forth Road Bridge

Road bridge van logo

The Forth Road Bridge opened in 1964 replacing the old 800 year ferry service, find out more from Undiscovered Scotland

Bridges from Port Edgar

From around 1850 Royal Naval ships used the natural inlet at Port Edgar

Bridges from Port Edgar 2

Bought by the Admiralty in 1916 it was base for Torpedo Boats & Destroyers

Port Edgar crane

Renamed HMS Lochinvar a WWI destroyer in 1939 the RN shore establishment was a minesweeper training station

HMS Lochinvar derelict buildings

The now derelict buildings of HMS Lochinvar which in 1944 was a training establishment for the Normandy landings

RN Helicopter fly by

Keeping an eye out RN Helicopter fly by

Next Page ......


[HOME] (c)Bob Le-Roi 2010